What Would Be a Good Small Business to Start?
October 09, 2019
Owning a small business can mean having a great financial future. Who doesn't want stability for their family, the opportunity to be their own boss, and to be in charge of their own destiny? That's part of what the American Dream is all about. If you are one of the many people who want to start a business but you don't know where to begin, let's take a look at what would be a good business to start.
New Start Up or Franchise?
This is the first question to consider. Do you start a new business and put in all of the necessary work to build it from the ground up, or should you instead buy a franchise? For a lot of people, buying a franchise is a far better option than starting a new business. The reason is clear. When you buy a franchise, you're also buying an established name (brand). This comes with a reputation and a built-in customer base. It also means you have the backing of the franchise behind you, which helps with advertising costs. You've also got an established method of doing business, training, and products and services that have been tested and proven successful.
You get none of that when you start a brand new business and have to wait anywhere from one to five years for these components to begin falling into place. The Small Business Administration (SBA) states that, "30% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 50% during the first five years, and 66% during the first 10." This does not include franchises, which, for the reasons mentioned above, can have a higher success rate.
How to Choose a Small Business That's Right for You
Once you've decided whether or not you want to start a business and build it from the ground up the next step is to find the right small business for you. If you've decided that opening a franchise is a better option than starting your own business, then you need to find the right franchise business for you. The good news here is that there are 3000+ franchises in the United States, so there are certainly plenty of options.
Before you rush out and buy a franchise, however, think about some important questions:
1. Is the franchise sustainable?
2. What is the franchise's reputation?
3. Does the franchise offer year-round income?
4. Does the franchise offer complete training?
These are important questions that can help you determine if you're getting into a franchise that has a solid chance of providing you with the stable future you're searching for. That's why the first question is so important. Is the franchise you're considering one that can be kept going consistently over time? This is closely related to the fourth question above, does the franchise offer year-round income? Seasonal franchises or franchises that cater to "luxury" products and services can fail during tough economic times. Asking the above questions can help you narrow down your search for a good small business.
Why a Sir Grout franchise is a Great Choice for a Small Business
Sir Grout is a great option when you are looking for a small business to start. There are a number of reasons why a Sir Grout franchise is a good idea, particularly for first-time business owners. Let's examine a few of the ways a Sir Grout franchise can be the opportunity you're looking for when you're ready to take control of your financial future and provide a solid foundation for your family.
To answer the questions stated above, Sir Grout is a sustainable business. It also provides year-round income, and while no business can claim to be completely recession proof, Sir Grout offers products and services that customers need, such as grout and tile restoration, stone restoration, no sanding wood restoration, slip resistant application
and high durability coatings
. This means that there will still be plenty of opportunities for business during tough economic times.
Does Sir Grout offer complete training? Absolutely. Here is a look at the training Sir Grout provides its franchisees:
Grout & Tile, No Sanding Wood Restoration, Slip Resistance Applications
– Sir Grout provides you with about 20 hours of comprehensive technical training on grout and tile restoration, no sanding wood floor restoration and slip resistance applications. During this training, new franchisees and their staff will learn how to use several machines, tools, and chemicals to clean and restore tile and grout to its former beauty. You'll have the confidence to walk into any tile and grout job, assess the situation, and propose and carry out the necessary steps to take care of customer tile and grout needs. There is also about one hour of slip resistance training that covers how to apply the slip resistance product, how it works and what surfaces it can be used on. Training in no sanding wood restoration covers how to test a surface, how to identify good candidates for the process, how to prepare a floor for the process, and how to apply the finish. Different types of wood floors and their characteristic will be discussed.
– We give you approximately 45 hours of intensive stone restoration training. You'll learn about various stones and their characteristics. We will show you how to best restore and maintain them. This is the meat and potatoes of a Sir Grout franchise and we give you the necessary tools and training you need.
High Durability Coatings
- As a Sir Grout franchise owner, you will also receive specialized training in our Microguard high durability coatings. This product was originally designed by NASA's former head of coatings and made to withstand the extreme conditions in space. Here you'll learn how to apply this product to the surfaces where it can be used. This module lasts two and a half days and covers OSHA safety procedures, understanding the types of surfaces that can be coated, how to prepare a surface for a high durability coating, proper mixing and application, and how to troubleshoot any situation that arises in the field.
Sales & Operations
– You'll get around 20 hours of sales and operations training that teaches you Sir Grout's proprietary sales methodology, how to use our software system, and how to implement all of the tools you'll need to make your franchise successful.
Online Learning and Support System
On the back end of our training and support system is an extensive online system that provides our franchisees with support 7 days a week. We are available to answer all technical and operational questions our franchise owners have. In addition, Sir Grout provides you with online support that lets you access training information, read the latest news and information regarding Sir Grout franchises, and the opportunity to download the latest marketing pieces.
All in One Digital Marketing
Sir Grout also provides customers with an online presence that includes individual professional websites for Sir Grout franchise owners. Each of these websites is optimized for SEO and designed to make your franchise easy to find when customers are looking for professional hard surface restoration services. In addition to SEO, each local franchise receives local email marketing, pay per click management for Google and Bing, local map visibility, and geo-targeted keywords for customers looking for a local business.
Sir Grout Call Center
The Sir Grout call center is an excellent resource. The call center handles your phone calls, sets your appointments, and follows up via email with your customers. This is invaluable and helps increase your sales by allowing you to focus on getting your customers taken care of first. The call center, in conjunction with our online scheduling system, provides you with the most powerful tools available to you as a Sir Grout franchise owner. In fact, this makes Sir Grout one of the best franchises available from a training standpoint.
As we mentioned above, Sir Grout provides services customers need. In fact, having a Sir Grout franchise is like having five franchises in one. This gives you as a Sir Grout franchise owner a range of services you can provide customers, including grout and tile restoration, stone restoration, no sanding wood floor restoration, slip resistant applications and hight durability coatings. Many of these services are essential for commercial and residential customers. When the work needs to be done, it can't be put off, making Sir Grout an ideal business to have in tough economic times and in a stable economy.
Are you ready to see how Sir Grout might be the small business you're looking for? Give us a call at (866) 476-8863
or (678) 566-3998
, to talk to us about becoming a Sir Grout franchise owner. Let Sir Grout change your future forever.
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options in this page. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Sir Grout Franchising? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout Franchising
, Instagram @SGFranchising
, and Twitter @SGFranchising